- This page describes the privileges associated with each of the five types of Cmd accounts.
- New Cmd environments start with one user account: a 'global admin'. This user can add additional users, as desired.
- Users (excluding global admins) can have different account types in different projects.
User account types and privileges
From most privileged to least:
- Global admin: Can configure global settings for their organization's Cmd environment, apply system-wide defaults, add new projects, see all their organization's projects, view project history, and do anything an admin can do.
- Admin: Can configure project settings, add new users (other than global admins), manage triggers, manage servers, add integrations, and monitor alerts.
- Manager: Can manage triggers, manage servers, add integrations, and monitor alerts.
- Viewer: Can access the web app to monitor alerts and generate/share reports.
- Server operator: Can access your Cmd-enabled servers, and can access the web app (but only to configure two-factor authentication). If you aren’t planning to enable two-factor authentication (i.e. you’re using Cmd primarily for its monitoring capabilities), you can skip making Cmd accounts for your server operators.