This page gives simple instructions for creating a new report.
How to create a new report:
Select Reports from the navigation menu.
In the top-right corner of the 'Reports' page, click Add report.
Name your report.
4. Click the search bar and choose from the dropdown list to build the report's
CQL query, or click the icon to the left of the search bar to open the query
builder. When finished building, click the builder's icon again to hide it.
5. In the 'Filters' area, add quick filters for your report. Quick filters allow viewers to
easily narrow down the data displayed in a report. For example, by using a
"Command root" filter, viewers of the report can make the report show only the
data with a particular command root, such as "mysql", or "ssh".
- Click Add query filter.
- Select from among the filter options.
- To remove a filter, click the minus icon beside it.
- Repeat to add all the desired filters.
6. Click the dotted area to add a chart:
- Give the chart a title.
- In the 'Query' field, add any desired CQL filters to focus the data. Click the field
to select a new query from the dropdown list or type the query and use the
Note: By default, a report query will apply to all charts in the corresponding
report. To make a chart which is indifferent to the report query, uncheck the
option to 'Include report query':
- Select one of the available chart types:
- Click Save to add the chart to your report.
- Repeat these steps to add all the charts you want.
7. Adjust chart layout.
- Click and drag a chart to change its position in the report.
- Click and drag the bottom-right corner to resize the chart.
- While hovering on a chart, click Remove to delete it, or click Send to home to
display a copy of it on the Home page.
8. Decide whether to make your report 'public', which enables others in your
organization with access to this Cmd project to view it. To do so, check, 'Make
public', near the report's title.
Note: You are the only one who can see your private reports, but you can
download and email them to other users. Public reports can be seen by others in
the same Cmd project, but only edited by you.
9. When your report is ready, click Save in the top-right corner.