This article describes how to install either the Cmd Control agent or the Cmd Audit agent on a single server. You can also bake an agent into a master image to automate deployment.
As soon as you install the agent on a server, it will begin logging server activity, and the server will appear on the 'Sessions' page.
Only global admins, admins, and managers can add new servers to a Cmd project.
Step one: Get the install script from the Cmd web app
- In the top-right corner, click the current project's name to open the drop-down menu.
- Select Project & app settings.
- On the left menu, under 'Project settings', select Servers.
- On the right side of the page, click Add Server.
5. Name the server, using up to 128 of these characters:
- space , _ , : , . , -
6. Add the server to any desired server groups.
(Valid characters for a server group are:
- , and
7. Click Copy to clipboard.
Step two: Install the Cmd agent on the server
- Connect via SSH to the server where you want to install the Cmd agent.
- Paste the copied command and execute it.
- Close your SSH session.
- You’re all set! New sessions will appear in the web app. You can view session data on the 'Sessions' page.
- If you're encountering installation issues, learn about troubleshooting agent installation.
- Explore the agent deployment guides section.