On the 'Servers' page, you can view your Cmd-enabled servers, uninstall or disable the Cmd agent on a server, and manage server groups. This page covers:
- How to read the 'Servers' page
- Actions for multiple servers:
- Uninstalling the agent
- Adding a server to a group
- Updating a Cmd agent
- Actions for individual servers:
- Disable agent
- Delete offline data
- Run diagnostics
- Server groups
Getting to the 'Servers' page
- In the top-right corner, click the current project's name to open the drop-down menu.
- Select Project & app settings.
- On the left menu, under 'Project settings', select Servers.
How to read the 'Servers' page
Up top, a series of graphs show an overview of your active servers:
- Most active servers:
Lists servers which have had the most active sessions.
- Servers by agent version:
Counts servers running each version of the Cmd agent.
- Servers by server group:
Server counts for your biggest server groups.
Below the charts are two tabs:
Shows information about the servers where you've installed a Cmd agent.
Shows a summary of upcoming and previously scheduled changes to servers (i.e. agent updates).
The servers tab. The
Commands columns contain counts of sessions and commands. To customize the columns, open the three-dot menu next to the Add server button.
Data capture and agent status:
Data capture column shows whether monitoring is active. Possible values are:
- ON (green) — the agent is on and the server is online;
- ON (yellow) — the agent is on but the server has been offline < 15 mins;
- ON (grey) — the agent is on but the server has been offline > 15 minutes;
- PAUSED (grey) — you disabled the agent via the web app.
Actions for multiple servers
The 'Servers' tab. Highlighted on the left are the bulk-management actions that become available when servers are selected. Highlighted on the right are controls for filtering servers by server group or status.
To apply an action to a group of servers:
- To choose servers, if necessary use the filter options in the upper-right of the servers table. Then, select servers by clicking the checkboxes on the left.
- Choose an action from the upper-left of the servers table:
- Edit groups: adjust server group membership (and if only one server is
selected, rename it).
- Uninstall: Remove the agent from the selected server(s). Click Uninstall to
- Upgrade agent - (Only visible when agent auto-updates are disabled.)
Schedule an agent update.
- Enable/Disable agent - Turn an agent's data capture on or off.
Actions for individual servers
Click the three-dot menu on the right side of a single server's row to access the following options:
- Disable agent:
Stop the agent from running. Click again to re-activate.
- Delete offline data:
Delete offline command/session data that has not yet been sent to the collector. (To assist in recovering servers after a collector outage.)
- Run diagnostics:
Send agent diagnostics to the logging facility.
The servers page also lets you manage your server groups. Server groups allow you to categorize servers based on shared characteristics (e.g., physical location, production vs. staging), and differentiate between them with reports and triggers.
To learn more, see How to manage server groups.